From Voodoo Donuts’ photo booth in Portland, Oregon
About Chris Rhee
A 31-year-old designer.
- Currently in Portland, Oregon
- Previously in Taipei, Taiwan
- Lived in Brooklyn, New York
- Grew up in California’s Bay Area
In 1998, I started making websites. And never stopped.
At age 17, I founded Neat Focus, becoming a freelance interface designer. With a tiny team of heavy-hitters, I’ve helped small businesses, bootstrapped teams, venture capital funded startups and Fortune
500 50 corporations.
I cut nearly every class in middle school and high school. With the newfound free time, some talented friends & I collaborated on writing, building websites, recording radio shows and shooting video.
Due to money and stubbornness, I skipped college and started a business. See Work History.
Stuff I Like
- Music: Tonedeff, Illmaculate, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Esthero, Regina Spektor, Barenaked Ladies
- TV: The Wire, The Sopranos, True Detective, The West Wing, Frasier, Peep Show, Louie, QI
- Comedians: Louis C.K., Chris Rock, Bill Burr, Hannibal Buress, Tina Fey, David Mitchell
Stuff I Don’t Like
- Fonts: DIN for the header & navigation. Adelle for the body text. Sometimes other typefaces are used in custom-designed blog posts.
- Tools: WordPress for the blog, Typekit for custom fonts.
Check my projects page for other sites I work on.
Contact me and ask!